Call for Eligible Poems and Nominations
Nominations open January 1; Deadline February 15
2017 Candidates nominated so far.
Space has been provided (current members only) for portfolios of your Rhysling-eligible poems on the SFPA website. Send .rtf files or request the page link from firstname.lastname@example.org.
2017 Rhysling Nomination Rules and Procedures:
Please read carefully. Nominations that do not meet these criteria cannot be accepted. Questions? E-mail the Rhysling Chair, David C. Kopaska-Merkel, at email@example.com.
- Only current members of SFPA may nominate; however, the author of the nominated poem need not be an SFPA member.
- Only speculative poems first published in the preceding calendar year are eligible.
- You may not nominate your own poem.
- You may nominate one short poem (1-49 lines) and/or one long poem (50+ lines). Nomination in both categories is not mandatory. For our purposes, prose poems under 500 words will be classified as short poems, while those 500 words and over will be classified as long poems. Please note: spaces, stanza breaks, titles, true (non-fictitious) epigraphs, and the poet’s name are not included in the line or word count. If you are unsure about the eligibility or category of a poem, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Self-published work is allowed as long as the poem first appeared in 2016.
Full publication details must be provided.
Include the title of the poem; the poet’s name as it appears (and the poet’s full name, if known); and publication information for the source in which the poem appeared:
- Book: title, press name and address or website, year of publication, and editor if an anthology.
- Periodical: name, issue, and editorial address or website; and (if possible) a link to the issue table of contents or the poem’s web page.
- Website or blog: date of first publication and link to the poem’s web page.
Making the Nomination:
NOMINATION DEADLINE FEBRUARY 15
To learn more about the Rhysling Awards and the Rhysling Anthology, please go to the main Rhysling Award page. To view the contents of all the Rhysling Anthologies since 1978, visit the Rhysling archive.