SFPA Monthly Round-Up
Diane Severson's monthly list of member poetry publications and more will now appear on the SFPA website. Check it out: SFPA Activities Round-Up
Sandra Kasturi's poem, "Specializing in the Prehistory of Whales" has been longlisted for the Poetry Society (UK)'s National Poetry Competition. Over 13,000 entries, and the longlist is 140 poems!
Suzette Haden Elgin, the founder of SFPA, passed away on January 27th. Elizabeth Barrette's elegy, “Soulsounds.”
Lovecraft E-zine Author of the Week
Ann K. Schwader: lovecraftzine.com/2015/01/21/lovecraftian-weird-fiction-author-of-the-week-ann-k-schwader/
Stoker Preliminary Ballot
The following SFPA members’ book are on the Preliminary Ballot for HWA’s Bram Stoker Award for Superior Achievement in a Poetry Collection:
- Robert Payne Cabeen – Fearwoms (Fanboy Comics)
- G.O. Clark – Gravedigger’s Dance (Dark Renaissance Books)
- Corrinne De Winter and Alessandro Manzetti – Venus Intervention (Kipple Officina Libraria)
- Wade German – Dreams from the Black Nebula (Hippocampus Press)
- Marge Simon and Mary Turzillo – Sweet Poison (Dark Renaissance Books)
- Stephanie Wytovich – Mourning Jewelry (Raw Dog Screaming Press)
We welcome speculative poetry news from SFPA members. Appropriate items for this page include member awards and honors, news of regional member meetings, reports from SF poetry readings and workshops, media recognition of speculative poetry, etc. Photos are welcome, but choose one photo which best represents your news. Photos may be cropped or resized. Please do not send announcements of personal poetry sales. Inclusion is at the sole discretion of the webmaster. With these guidelines in mind, send news to firstname.lastname@example.org, subject line "sfpa news."