SFPA Monthly Round-Up
Diane Severson's monthly list of member poetry publications and more will now appear on the SFPA website. Check it out: SFPA Activities Round-Up
Best of the Net Nominations
The following poems published in the preceding year have been nominated for Best of the Net:
- The Distance Between Stars, Stacey Gruver, Eye to the Telescope 17
- Runner, Nora Weston, Eye to the Telescope 17
- Mermaid, on Land, Jeannine Hall Gailey, Eye to the Telescope 18
- Landscapes, Geoffrey A. Landis, Eye to the Telescope 19
- Quicksilver Voices (Modern-Day Daedalus), Evelyn Deshane, Eye to the Telescope 19
- The Robot by the Fireplace, Ken Poyner, Eye to the Telescope 20
Ruth Berman received her Rhysling Award for the Short Poem at Diversicon in St. Paul, MN, where second- and third-place winners F.J. Bergmann and Sandra J. Lindow also read their poems and were presented with certificates. Photo by Ben Huset.
Alessandro Manzetti’s poetry collection Eden Underground (Crystal Lake Publishing) won the HWA Bram Stoker Award for Superior Achievement in Poetry Collection.
Stoker Preliminary Ballot
The following SFPA members’ book are on the Preliminary Ballot for HWA’s Bram Stoker Award for Superior Achievement in a Poetry Collection:
- Bruce Boston - RESONANCE DARK AND LIGHT (Eldritch Press)
- Alessandro Manzetti - EDEN UNDERGROUND (Crystal Lake Publishing)
- Ann Schwader - DARK ENERGIES (P'rea Press)
- Marge Simon - NAUGHTY LADIES (Eldritch Press)
- Stephanie M. Wytovich - AN EXORCISM OF ANGELS (Raw Dog Screaming Press)
We welcome speculative poetry news from SFPA members. Appropriate items for this page include member awards and honors, news of regional member meetings, reports from SF poetry readings and workshops, media recognition of speculative poetry, etc. Photos are welcome, but choose one photo which best represents your news. Photos may be cropped or resized. Please do not send announcements of personal poetry sales. Inclusion is at the sole discretion of the webmaster. With these guidelines in mind, send news to email@example.com, subject line "sfpa news."